Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This man, the scion of a respected railroad family, invented the game of contract bridge as we know it today.
2. Who was the man who popularized the game during the Great Depression and captained the winning team in the "Bridge Battle of the Century" in 1931-2?
3. Which world champion lent his name to important bidding concepts such as transfer bids and a game-forcing major-suit raise?
4. Known as "Mr. Bridge", what Philadelphia-born lawyer and world champion popularized the Work point count and was regarded as the final authority on all matters bridge during the 40s and 50s?
5. What former showgirl and partner of "Mr. Bridge" was the first woman to play in the world championships of bridge (the Bermuda Bowl), and is regarded as the greatest female player of all time?
6. Who invented probably the most popular bridge convention in the world, the ace-asking bid of 4NT that bears his name?
7. What Italian man won 13 world championships as a member of the fabled Italian Blue Team, was regarded as the best player in the world during the 60s and 70s, and set up another strong partnership with Lea duPont in the 1990s and 2000s?
8. The #1 world-ranked player from 1985-2005, he is often quoted as saying, "If you have a choice of reasonable bids, and one of them is 3NT, bid it."?
9. Who is the highly charismatic and larger-than-life bridge personality who led a team of nobodies from Pakistan to a 2nd place finish in the Bermuda Bowl in 1981, and then won the Bermuda Bowl itself in 2009?
10. The final question will be about arguably the most successful bridge partnership in history. Known by an amalgam of their last names, which American pair, known for its 800-page bidding system and extremely aggressive philosophy, has dominated the bridge scene since the 1980s?
Source: Author eyhung
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.