Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. As is true with many African countries some form of porridge is a staple food - at almost every meal. The residents of which African country have been known to enjoy a porridge made from sorghum for breakfast rather than one made from the more common ingredient, maize?
2. In this country, rye bread is a staple and it tends to be served with every meal in the traditional homes. Breakfast is no exception for this. The bread is called "black bread" and is often served with a softer sausage (meat) and a black tea for breakfast. Which country is it?
3. This country which in South America is known to serve rather hearty meals - even for breakfast. A typical breakfast may include chicken stew and rice or a seafood and onion soup called encebollado. Which country?
4. In which middle-eastern country would you find a round, sweet flatbread called roht served for breakfast? It may be served with apricots, pistachio nuts and/or plain yogurt, and, of course, with their preferred drink, chai, green or black tea.
5. It seems what is traditional has changed somewhat within this Asian country. Some years ago a rather large breakfast of soy sprouts, grilled tofu, steamed eggs and cod fish soup may have been served with a dish of fermented cabbage called kimchi. What country is this?
6. Breakfast starts the night before the morning for this island nation. A type of pudding cake called bibinka (some spell it as: bibingka) is baked late at night to be served with homemade scones the next morning. Where?
7. In the Caribbean most of the countries' cuisine is a delightful mixture of old world practices and their native customs. This island nation is no exception. Which one of the Leeward Islands may offer bacon and eggs with a variety of fruits - tomatoes and peppers are served in some form at (almost) every meal?
8. This beautiful European country is known as a nation of farmers. Although, landlocked this country has benefited from the cultures of nearby countries such as France, Italy and Germany and each has influenced this country's cuisine. A potato dish called Rösti is considered to be traditional fare there for breakfast. Where?
9. Eggs are a popular choice for breakfast in many countries and/or cultures. The ways eggs are prepared for breakfast is just as vast. In what country would you likely find an egg and meat dish called Sucuklu Yumurta served for traditional breakfast?
10. What may be served as a traditional breakfast in this country could be a bit excessive for most people. A variety of meats, dairy products, potato dishes, breads, beverages, jams and juice (all!) could be a part of their breakfast table. Where would you find fried haggis and Lorne sausage for breakfast?
Source: Author cowboybluedog
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.