Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. My mate Kev wanders along the streets of Taiwan looking for a cup of tea. At last he spies a vendor and buys a cup. But what unexpected ingredient does he find made into a foam, sitting atop the cold beverage?
2. Dreaming of Christmas, Kev travels to a nunnery in Puebla, Mexico, where he enjoys what eggnog-like brew, named for the ultimate head of the convent?
3. My mate Kev tentatively sips at the water from the Pump Room in the next place on his list of unusual beverages, a Roman spa town in the Mendips. Where was he?
4. My mate Kev is a bit leery about trying the next drink, which is lurid pink and named after what animal, more associated with a diamond?
5. Kev travels to Canada for the next adventure in his series of bizarre drinks. He tentatively tries Newfoundland Gin - but what item, also called dulse, is used to infuse the spirit?
6. Kev travels to Green-Wood Cemetery, Brooklyn, for his next snifter. The fruit for the cider he imbibed is grown on a tree located by the grave of which inventor?
7. Kev heads to Chicago next, to try a drink called the Toleen. Apart from the alcohol, it has various flavours mixed with coconuts and red beans, commonly used as a dessert in which Asian country?
8. Kev wanders to a Trappist monastery outside Rome to try a drink called Eucalittino, a liqueur made from the leaves of which plant?
9. My mate Kev wanders up to Mongolia to try out a drink called araga, a moonshine created in a still fashioned from what item?
10. My mate Kev is a little perplexed by the next beverage he's offered. While on the Azores, he tries green tea that is made water from the Furnas volcano - which turns the tea what colour of the rainbow?
Source: Author VegemiteKid
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor jmorrow
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.