Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. You would like to lose a pound a week. According to calorie control diets, how many calories must you cut from your daily intake to lose a pound in one week?
2. Which of these food groups is the most calorie dense, that is, has the most calories per gram?
3. You usually drink your daily two cups of coffee black, but you start adding two teaspoons of sugar and two teaspoons of full fat cream. Assuming your diet and exercise levels remain the same, approximately how much weight could you potentially gain in one year from this change of habit?
4. How many minutes would a woman of average size have to walk at a moderate pace to work off two extra teaspoons of cream and two extra teaspoons of sugar in her coffee daily?
5. Which foods cause the body to use more calories to digest them than they contain and may cause you to lose weight?
6. What do we mean when we talk about the "GI" of foods?
7. Which of these foods has the lowest GI?
8. Which technique leads to permanent weight loss?
9. Which of the following techniques may improve your chances of weight loss?
10. Regardless of the method chosen, what are the basic principles that lead to weight loss, according to the experts?
Source: Author Maggietabby
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.