Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Cheese and jam on toast can seem like a good idea at 2am. Do you know the French words for cheese and jam?
2. I've been known to experiment with a fish finger and mustard sandwich. Can you name my favourite brand of fish fingers, named after the man who invented the deep freeze?
3. When I was at college, I once tried to make butterscotch mousse after a night out, and actually managed to get it on the ceiling (honestly). The mousse was a well known packet brand, made by Bird's. Can you name it?
4. After a night drinking Singapore Slings in London's West End, I once ate 10 Kit Kats. Who wrote 'Cat on a Hot Tin Roof'?
5. Which of these is a revolting rotating hunk of meat, stuck on a spike in a dirty looking restaurant, sliced thin and placed between stale pita bread with fiery sauce, which is inexplicably gorgeous when accompanied by beer?
(NB. for all you Canadians out there, I understand you have your own particular spelling of this word - I'm looking for the one that the rest of the world uses)
6. After-pub recipe for Welsh Rarebit: Toast bread in toaster. Realise you don't have any BLANK sauce, and use ketchup instead. Add cheese and place under the grill. Realise its disgusting. Throw in bin. Go to bed. What's the blank?
7. Cooking after a few drinks often involves boiling enough rice for 10 people, even if you're alone. If you carried on long enough, it might turn into this, a type of rice wine.
8. If you're out of tinned curry, why not try adding frozen peas to curry sauce? Because of how you'll feel the next morning, that's why. Which of the following pea-related names does not belong to a real band?
9. My brother once ate 7 pizzas at one sitting. He said it was for charity, but I have my doubts. Can you name the herb that gives pizza its distinctive flavour?
10. After-pub recipe for banana milkshake: Pour a glass of milk. Stick a banana in the top. Its surprisingly satisfying. In which film does a character called Frenchie get milkshake thrown over her?
Source: Author Islingtonian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.