Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What sauce consists of white wine, shallots, peppercorn, and tarragon reduced together and sieved into Hollandaise sauce?
2. Served as an appetizer with bread or as a condiment, what Mediterranean sauce consists of yogurt pureed with cucumbers, garlic, salt, and olive oil?
3. Similar in consistency to jelly or relish, what sauce consists of fruit, sugar, vinegar, and sometimes onion, mixed together and simmered slowly, resulting in a fragrant, sweet and sour taste?
4. What type of sauce, French in origin, derives its body from pureed fruits or vegetables simmered down?
5. What sauce, consisting of mayonnaise, anchovy paste, mustard, capers, and chopped pickles, is pureed and served as a dressing for cold meats, poultry, or seafood?
6. Technically more an appetizer than a sauce, what spread consists of pureed olives, capers, and olive oil?
7. Derived from the Italian word for "in an angry mood", what tomato-based sauce is spiked with pancetta, garlic, and a generous portion of crushed red pepper flakes?
8. Though it literally translates to "seafood", this sauce actually contains no fish. Ingredients include soybeans, white vinegar, water, rice, salt, flour, red chiles, garlic, and, often, sweet potatoes. What Asian sauce is this?
9. What is a thick, smooth heavy creme widely used in France as a thickening agent in soups or a topping for desserts?
10. Most often used in the cuisine of the Provence, what type of sauce consists of olive oil with bread crumbs, garlic, saffron, and chile peppers?
Source: Author TelegramSam1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Leau
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.