Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Most of the meat from this amphibian comes from the legs. In France they're called cuisses de grenouilles. What are they called in the U.S.?
2. A soup or stew made from the flesh of this reptile is quite popular in Louisiana and in China. Children have even kept these reptiles as pets. To what reptile am I referring?
3. This type of soup is used as a traditional fever medicine in China. It's high in protein and low in fat. You can find these slimy creatures all over your backyard after a heavy rain storm. What are they called?
4. Early European explorers faced many hardships on board the ships they sailed. One of those hardships included finding food. Without refrigeration, food spoiled quickly. One of the members of a ship's crew was paid to catch rodents on board the ships. What rodents were caught?
5. This common migratory bird found in North America is identifiable by its reddish-orange breast. However, it is not closely related to the European bird of the same name. Native Americans and colonists actually ate this bird for breakfast. What bird did they eat?
6. What is the name of the rice dish, usually prepared with raw fish, that is considered to be a delicacy in Japan?
7. For those of you who enjoy eating salads, have I got a salad for you! This one is well known in the western and southwestern regions of the United States. It's made with the meat of a certain reptile bought from farms in Texas. What reptiles do these farms provide?
8. England's royalty in centuries past have used a certain purple flower in cooking. Since this flower is quite edible, it was also used for cooking purposes in France and other European countries even before the 14th century. It is still popular today in Europe and in the U.S. From the following choices, which flower was and still is used in cooking?
9. The world's most expensive mushrooms can cost up to $640 a pound. These rare and very hard to find fungi are what adds to the cost. Pigs and dogs are primarily used to sniff these mushrooms out from their hiding places underground. What are these delicacies called?
10. This delicacy is enjoyed by the Cambodian people, especially when fried. What hairy arachnid do Cambodians like to fry up and snack on?
Source: Author nmerr
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.