Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Almost any snack consisting of corn chips and a topping or dipping sauce may be marketed as nachos. What topping was on the original dish produced by Ignacio "Nacho" Anaya in 1943?
2. These bacon-wrapped stuffed dates are more commonly given which of these names?
3. What is the name of this northern European delicacy, consisting of pickled herring fillets rolled around a filling such as sliced onion?
4. In Asia, where they originated, these treats made of a savory filling wrapped in rice paper then fried are often called spring rolls. What name is more commonly used on menus in the United States?
5. Instead of drenching your popcorn in melted butter and smothering it with salt, you can prepare a sweet variant using which of these ingredients?
6. Banh ran is the Vietnamese version of an Asian treat; its name translates into English as fried cake. What kind of flour is used to form the outer covering of these balls before they are deep fried?
7. These treats are popular under a variety of names in the Baltic region from which they originate: Estonians call them 'kohuke', in Latvia they are 'beizpiena sierins', and in Lithuania you would need to ask for 'varskes surelis'. The Hungarian 'turo rudi', inspired by the Russian 'syrok', is a similar delicacy. Most commonly coated in chocolate, what is the basis of these sweet snacks?
8. These snacks that double as both food and toy share their name with a 1930 Marx Brothers film, and were included in the title of a 1935 Shirley Temple song. What are they commonly called?
9. Although the term can also be applied to a savory appetizer, it is more commonly associated with individually-sized cakes or other confectionery products. What treat has a French name that literally means 'little oven'?
10. It is difficult to eat an authentic version of this snack outside the United States or Canada, unless you are able to access the essential ingredients from an importer. What campfire favorite is shown here?
Source: Author looney_tunes
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.