Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Major Despard and Rhoda Dawes first met and fell in love in 'Cards on the Table'. In which later novel do they reappear as a married couple?
2. Which of the following was Agatha Christie's only period novel?
3. Agatha Christie sometimes repeated a particular plot device in two or more novels. One such theme was that of the co-conspirators pretending to hate each other in an effort to hide the fact that they are partners in crime. Which of the following novels was this theme NOT used in?
4. Which was the first Hercule Poirot novel to be set extensively in the courtroom?
5. Which Christie novel was an expansion of her earlier short story 'Yellow Iris'?
6. There are several interesting ways in which Hercule Poirot stumbled onto a case. Which of the following books began with the death of Poirot's dentist?
7. Revenge, money, love - all of these murder motives have been used by Agatha Christie in various novels. However, one of the most interesting motives for murder I've come across was when the first murder was committed as a 'dress rehearsal' for the actual one. Which Christie novel did this occur in?
8. In 'Death on the Nile', Hercule Poirot attempts to warn the murderer before the crime has been committed. His advice, however, goes unheeded. In which later novel does he refer to this incident?
9. Policemen, doctors, narrators - Agatha has used all of these as murderers. In a shocking twist, a twelve-year-old girl is the murderer in one of the Christie novels. Which novel was it?
10. And finally, what connects the first nine novels?
Source: Author zorba_scank
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.