Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The story "Bartleby the Scrivener" is about a scrivener, so what is a scrivener?
2. The narrator of "Bartleby, the Scrivener" was the person who hired him. What was his profession?
3. Why did the lawyer in "Bartleby, the Scrivener" need a third scrivener?
4. Bartleby was immediately ineffective in his work after being hired by the narrator in "Bartleby, the Scrivener".
5. What was the surprise response by Bartleby when the lawyer asked him to examine (copyread) a small paper with him in "Bartleby, the Scrivener"?
6. In "Bartleby, the Scrivener" at first Bartleby refused to do any task, other than writing copy, which he did very well. One day he started to prefer to do no more writing, so what did Bartleby do all day at that point?
7. The lawyer in "Bartleby, the Scrivener" offered money to Bartleby and asked "will you, or will you not, quit me?". What was Bartleby's response to the lawyers attempt to pay him to quit?
8. In "Bartleby, the Scrivener" what was the grand plan the lawyer put in place to finally rid himself of Bartleby?
9. In "Bartleby, the Scrivener" what did Bartleby do after the lawyer moved?
10. What happens to Bartleby in "Bartleby, the Scrivener"?
Source: Author Bimmed
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.