Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Name Melville's first two books to be published.
2. Who is the companion of Wellington Redburn in 'Redburn'?
3. Which of Melville's novels takes place on a U.S. Navy ship?
4. Which novel of Melville's followed that whaling book?
5. What is different about Melville's 'Confidence Man'?
6. Did Melville base his Israel Potter on a real person?
7. Name the three clerks who work with Bartleby in Melville's classic story 'Bartleby, the Scrivener: A Story of Wall Street'.
8. Name the setting of Melville's 'The Tartarus of Maids'.
9. Who is the malignant master-at-arms who slanders Billy Budd, and his stooge?
10. Melville was also a published poet.
Source: Author tjoebigham
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.