Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Name Melville's collection of Civil War poetry.
2. Who was the English artist who made the marine painting Melville based a poem on?
3. In what poem did Melville say 'All wars are boyish, and are fought by boys'?
4. What ships made up the 'Stone Fleet' Melville wrote about?
5. Who did Melville call 'the meteor of the war'?
6. What part of the old sailing ships did Melville write about?
7. What did a ship smash itself against in a Melville poem?
8. What short poem did Melville pen about the aftermath of a shipwreck at sea?
9. What poem did Melville base on an old sea chantey?
10. Name the title of the elegy Melville is thought to have wrote on his friend and fellow writer Nathaniel Hawthorne.
Source: Author tjoebigham
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor CellarDoor
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.