Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In what year was Herman Melville's "Bartleby, the Scrivener" published?
2. After his death, Bartleby's employer learns that Bartleby had previously held another job for several years. Where did he work?
3. What famous New York street is mentioned in the subtitle of the story?
4. Who works with Bartleby?
5. What is the occupation of Bartleby's employer, the narrator of the tale?
6. The employer is a bit of a name dropper. What famous man has used his services?
7. Bartleby utters one statement which recurs throughout the story. What is his response to nearly everything that is asked of him?
8. Bartleby refuses to leave his place of employment after he has been discharged. What does his employer turn to as a last resort?
9. What is the name of the prison where Bartleby spends his final days?
10. In 2000, a film was made of the story entitled "Bartleby." Who plays the hapless clerk?
Source: Author braunda
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.