Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following poets used the legend of Diogenes in his poem 'The Haw Lantern'?
2. Which of the following Australian poets reverted to her native name, Oodgeroo Noonuccal?
3. Which of the following men was known not only for his poetic works such as 'Roma 1950, Diario' and 'Nuovi Argomenti', but also for his involvement with the film world as a director?
4. Ted Hughes, the former Poet Laureate of England, addressed the poems in his final collection of poems, 'The Birthday Letters' to which poet?
5. Which of the following poets (renowned for his poems 'Sunstone' and 'The Labyrinth of Solitude') has not only served as an ambassador of his country to India, but also won the Nobel Prize in Literature?
6. Which of the following poets from the Caribbean has won the Nobel Prize in Literature?
7. Who was the exiled Russian who was the author of the essays 'On Grief and Reason' as well as a poet who has written major works such as 'So Forth', 'To Urania'?
8. Co-founder of a literary group called 'Zagary', this poet once worked for the underground presses in Warsaw, and has published major works such as 'Hymn of The Pearl', 'The Rising of the Sun', and 'La Belle Epoque'?
9. Which of the following women poets of China participated in the overthrow of the Manchu Dynasty?
10. Which South American poet shared the International Publishers prize with Samuel Beckett in 1961 and, later, called his stories in 'The Book of Sand' a blind man's exercises?
Source: Author nerthus
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.