Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What day was it when the dwarves and Gandalf had 'tea' with Bilbo Baggins at the very start of the book?
2. What kind of jewelry did Gandalf give the Old Took?
3. What color is Bilbo's front door?
4. What was different about Thorin's hood from the other dwarves'?
5. What are shields used for in the Shire?
6. Who killed Thror, Thorin's Grandfather?
7. What month was it when Bilbo first met the dwarves and consequently set off on the Quest for Erebor?
8. Bilbo, Thorin and co., and Gandalf set out from the Shire on horses. What is the color of Gandalf's horse?
9. What kind of wood were the trolls Bert, Bill (William), and Tom sitting on when Bilbo finds them feasting on roast mutton?
10. What is the surname (last name, family name, etc.) of William the troll, also known as Bill?
11. What color are the stones that mark the path to Rivendell?
12. How many teeth does Gollum have?
13. What kind of feet is Gollum described as having?
14. What is the color of Beorn's chair in his Hall?
15. What are the Mirkwood-Elves favorite trees?
16. What kind of wood was the Elvenking's staff made of?
17. How much of the dragon's gold hoard was Bilbo promised in return for his services as a burglar?
18. Which of the following animals were NOT mentioned as Beorn's pets?
19. What month does Bilbo, Gandalf, Thorin and co. arrive in Rivendell?
20. Who previously owned Glamdring, Gandalf's sword?
Source: Author MungoBaggins
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.