Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "The garden in which stands my humble abode is separated only by a lane from Rosings Park, her ladyship's residence."
2. "I am sorry for Miss Crawford; but I am more sorry to see you drawn in to do what you had resolved against, and what you are known to think will be disagreeable to my uncle."
3. "But, my dear, pray do not make any more matches; they are silly things, and break up one's family circle grievously."
4. "I rejoice to say that the young man whom, of all others, I particularly abhor, has left Bath. You will know, from this description, that I must mean Captain Tilney, who, as you may remember, was amazingly disposed to follow and tease me, before you went away."
5. "I was to give place to Lord St. Ives, and a certain Admiral Baldwin, the most deplorable-looking personage you can imagine; his face the colour of mahogany, rough and rugged to the last degree; all lines and wrinkles, nine grey hairs of a side, and nothing but a dab of powder at top."
6. "Are you going near Camden Place? Because, if you are, I shall have no scruple in asking you to take my place, and give Anne your arm to her father's door."
7. "Miss Elizabeth Bennet! I am all astonishment. How long has she been such a favourite?--and pray, when am I to wish you joy?"
8. "Thank you, my dear Fanny, but I and my gown are alive and well, and so good-bye."
9. "You and I will have a nice basin of gruel together. My dear Emma, suppose we all have a little gruel."
10. "Good God! Willoughby, what is the meaning of this? Have you not received my letters? Will you not shake hands with me?"
11. "Your portion is unhappily so small that it will in all likelihood undo the effects of your loveliness and amiable qualifications."
12. "Stay, stay, Fanny! What are you about? Where are you going? Don't be in such a hurry. Depend upon it, it is not you who are wanted; depend upon it, it is me" (looking at the butler) "but you are so very eager to put yourself forward."
13. "A pretty good lecture, upon my word. Was it part of your last sermon? At this rate you will soon reform everybody at Mansfield and Thornton Lacey."
14. "Lord! we shall sit and gape at one another as dull as two cats."
15. "Oh! I began to think my caro sposo would be absolutely jealous. I fancy I am rather a favourite; he took notice of my gown. How do you like it? Selina's choice--handsome, I think, but I do not know whether it is overtrimmed; quite a horror of finery."
Source: Author robynraymer
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor nerthus
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.