Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Fitzwilliam Darcy, from "Pride and Prejudice", is perhaps the most famous Austen hero. Extremely rich and consequential, he is described in all of the following ways EXCEPT:
2. In "Pride and Prejudice", Charles Bingley is the object of obsession for the Bennet family. How does he appear at the Meryton assembly?
3. Edward Ferrars, from "Sense and Sensibility", falls in love with Elinor Dashwood. To whom is he secretly engaged?
4. In "Sense and Sensibility", Colonel Brandon cherishes tender feelings for Marianne Dashwood. Why does she scorn his affection?
5. Marianne Dashwood's first encounter with John Willoughby in "Sense and Sensibility" is quite memorable. How do the fiery lovers meet?
6. In "Northanger Abbey", Henry Tilney is shown to be extremely intelligent and well-versed in all subjects. He can discuss everything from religion and poetry to women's fashions. What does he find so enchanting about Catherine Morland?
7. George Knightly, from "Emma", is a neighbor, friend, and regular member of Emma Woodhouse's social circle. Among Emma's many acquaintances, what is unique about Mr. Knightley?
8. Harriet Smith fancies herself in love with many gentlemen in "Emma". Which man, however, genuinely loves Harriet?
9. In "Persuasion", Anne Elliot has been in love with Frederick Wentworth for over seven years. What is his occupation?
10. Fanny Price appears in "Mansfield Park" as the stereotypical poor relation. How does Edmund Bertram initially treat Fanny?
Source: Author pagiedamon
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.