Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The first few minutes of "Edge of Tomorrow" make tomorrow look pretty bleak. Alien invaders have devastated Europe, where the rest of humanity is desperately trying to contain them. How and where did the alien Mimics arrive?
2. Humanity's last best plan is a two-pronged invasion of Europe: the Russians and Chinese will attack from the east, while a western force will attack from across the English Channel. Two days before the big event, we see Major William Cage speaking with the general in charge of the western allies. This conversation soon reveals something negative about Cage's character. What is it?
3. Cage's punishment for his poor behavior is swift and fitting: he is arrested and assigned to J squad, one of the infantry units that will invade France the next day. How does Cage initially respond to his fate?
4. The next day, Cage and J squad are strapped into an aircraft and flying across the English Channel. They drop onto a French beach in the middle of an intense firefight. How does Cage's first combat experience go?
5. Much to Cage's surprise, he returns to consciousness on a pile of baggage: once again, it's the day before the invasion. Everything and everyone is the same; only Cage appears to know that this is not their first time through. Again and again, he lands on the beach for battle and seeks out Sergeant Rita Vrataski. Why?
6. Finally, after a few failed tries at making contact with Sergeant Vrataski before the invasion, Cage -- along with the audience -- gets an explanation for the time loop. Why is he constantly forced to repeat those two days, dying in battle every time?
7. Cage now knows that the fate of humanity rests on his ability to make the invasion succeed -- so it's about time that he knuckles down and learns how to fight in his battle armor. The resulting training montage is very, very different from the kind of thing you usually see in the movies. Why?
8. Of course, it's not enough for humanity to successfully invade Europe. They need to win the war, too -- and that requires going to the Omega, the heart of the alien force. How do Vrataski and Cage expect to find the Omega?
9. The loop repeats; time goes by, again and again. After a huge number of false starts, Cage makes it to the place where the Omega should be, and finds nothing. What's the new plan for locating the Omega?
10. As the movie builds to a climax, Cage knows the location of the Omega, but at a terrible price: he no longer has control of the time loop. That gives him, Vrataski, and J squad just one chance to stop the Mimic invasion, by raiding what iconic structure?
Source: Author CellarDoor
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor jmorrow
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.