Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Two poets are fighting in the captain's tower in "Desolation Row." One is T.S. Eliot. Name the other one. (Last name only)
2. Who is the poet thought by some to be Dylan's namesake?
3. "A Hard Rain's A Gonna' Fall" is loosely based on what traditional Scottish ballad?
4. In what song does Dylan quote the 18th Century English poet Alexander Pope? The lyric is: "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread."
5. The poet Robert Browning rhymes the words sandals, candles, handles, and scandals in a single stanza of "Up in a Villa - Down in the City." In what song does Bob Dylan make the same four rhymes?
6. In what song does Bob Dylan loosely quote the English scholar, writer, and lexicographer Dr. Samuel Johnson? The lyrics are: "They say that patriotism is the last refuge / To which a scoundrel clings."
7. In "Desolation Row," Dylan refers to what Shakesperian character(s)?
8. What Victor Hugo character does Dylan mention in "Desolation Row?"
9. In "Desolation Row," Einstein is disguised as what legendary figure from English literature?
10. In the song "You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go," Dylan says his relationships have been like that of __________. Both were poets.
Source: Author skylarb
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.