Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Lemmy, Hawkwind's bassist during the early 1970's, was fired from the band on their US tour in 1975 after being jailed for possessing illegal substances. Name the heavy metal band that he formed shortly thereafter.
2. What member of a famous British power trio was briefly a member of Hawkwind?
3. What is the title of the Hawkwind song that contains the following lyrics?
"We've got two cars in the garage, two cars in the garage, and
drum-majorettes in white ankle socks and baton twirling on Sundays."
4. What instrument did Stacia play while a member of Hawkwind?
5. What famous scientist is the subject of the composition, "Quark, Strangeness & Charm"?
6. Who is the only remaining member of Hawkwind from way back in 1969?
7. Lead vocalist, lyricist, author and sci-fi guru Robert (Bob) Calvert fronted Hawkwind sporadically througout the seventies. What Englsh speaking nation was he born in?
8. Who is the famous Sci-Fi writer who has penned lyrics for Hawkwind?
9. Hawkwind Zoo was the original name of the band.
10. One of Hawkwind's early cohorts was Liquid Len. What was his job with the band?
Source: Author JamesLake
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.