Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "Release Me" is Engelbert's signature tune and perhaps the song most closely associated with him in the minds of the general public. But, was he the first artist to record it?
2. Through the years, many artists have recorded the beautiful Antonio Carlos Jobim tune "Quiet Nights (and Quiet Stars)", also known as "Corcovado." What is unique about Engelbert's version?
3. In this Carole King and Jerry Gossim song Engelbert pleads, "Let me be..." What?
4. Engelbert was not the only artist to record "There's A Kind Of Hush All Over the World". Which two groups also had successful versions of the song?
5. What phrase completes this lyric?
"I know why my world is smiling, smiling so tenderly.
It is the same old story, through all eternity..."
6. From what song do these lyrics come?
I hear footsteps slowly walking
As they gently walk across a lonely floor.
And a voice is softly saying,
"Darling, this could be good-bye forevermore."
7. Complete this lyric from the song "Take My Heart"
"Take my heart
Come on back where you belong
You can do it if you
Take my heart
8. In which song do these lines appear?
"My heart belong to you so take it
And promise me you'll never break it.
Say you'll stay here in my arms."
9. Which phrase completes this lyric?
"In life we search, and some of us find.
I've looked for you, my love, a long, long time.
And now that I've found you, new horizons I see.
Come take my hand and __________"
10. Complete this lyric:
"When you're close to me I can touch the skies.
At times I can see Heaven in your eyes.
You don't know the pain
Of loving in vein.
So please tell me now"
Source: Author Catreona
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.