Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. When was "What'd I Say" released as a single?
2. Although Ray Charles had previously broken into the R&B charts, "What'd I Say" was his first top ten pop single on the U.S. Billboard Top 100.
3. "What'd I Say" earned Ray Charles his first Grammy Award.
4. According to Ray Charles's autobiography, what was unique about "What'd I Say"?
5. Ray Charles played the opening riffs of "What I'd Say?" on what instrument?
6. "Hey _____, don't you treat me wrong / Come and love your _____ all night long." What words complete these lyrics?
7. "See the girl with the _____ ring / She knows how to shake that thing. / All right now now now, hey hey, hey hey." What kind of ring is the girl who knows how to shake wearing?
8. "Tell your mama, tell your pa / I'm gonna send you back to" where?
9. "See the girl with the ____ dress on / She can do the Birdland all night long." What color dress is the girl wearing?
10. What piano player's killer cover of this song peaked at number 30 and spent eight weeks on the U.S. Billboard charts?
Source: Author skylarb
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor 1nn1
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.