Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Soul singer Otis Redding co-wrote "(Sittin' On) the Dock of the Bay" with what guitarist?
2. "(Sittin' On) the Dock of the Bay" was not released until after Otis Redding's death.
3. Which of the following is NOT included in the song?
4. As the singer sits on the dock of the bay, what does he watch "roll in" and "roll away"?
5. "(Sittin' On) the Dock of the Bay" won how many Grammy awards?
6. What American singer-songwriter, also known as "The Red Rocker," covered this song on a single with "I've Done Everything for You" on the B-side?
7. In this song, the singer left his home in what state before heading "for the Frisco Bay"?
8. Otis Redding's wife, Zelma, referred to which singer's cover of "(Sittin' On) the Dock of the Bay" as her "all-time favorite version of my husband's classic"?
9. "Sittin' here restin' ____ / And this loneliness won't leave me alone." What is the singer resting?
10. Whose duet version of this song peaked at number 13 on the U.S. Hot Country Songs chart?
Source: Author skylarb
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor 1nn1
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.