Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What song are these lyrics from?
"Every time I hear your voice
My water just gets cold
My stoker will not stoke
And my boiler will not boil"
2. "Well there's something about my baby
I'm not really sure
But it makes other people
stop and look at her
It's not the way she walks
It's not the clothes she wears
My baby's got ____________"
What has my baby got?
3. Which Fred Eaglesmith song do these lyrics come from?
"She's a summer storm, and I'm a hurricane
One just blows through town, one blows the town away"
4. In the song "Time to Get a Gun", the narrator could afford a gun if he did just one thing. What is it?
5. In the song "Bob's Dogs and Burgs", a dispute arises between Bob and Jimmy -
"Bob says he's gonna close up one day for a week real soon
gonna rent a Winnebago, head down to Texas,
learn all about how to barbeque,
gonna learn about hot sauce,
learn about salsa,
come back north,
change the menu.
Jimmy says he thinks Bob is making a big mistake
and he should know,
he went to business school somewhere down in the United States"
Bob doesn't care, says he'll do what he wants to. What is the clincher in his argument?
6. "The last of the sweet old-time gas-guzzlers,
hard to drive, harder to park"
How long is the "Mighty Big Car", from bumper to bumper?
7. "When I met her she was a beauty queen
who wanted something more
now she's hanging out with me
in front of the liquor store.
And it won't start when you shut it off
so she has to get the beer,
she puts it in the back seat and she quietly says to me..."
What does she say?
8. "I don't miss her anymore, but I sure do miss her dad".
In this song, dedicated to all the fathers-in-law out there, what's the name of the father-in-law?
9. "He's a good dog
I've had him for years
Used to get up when I walked by
What happens now?
10. "But now there's plywood for glass,
where the windows all got smashed
And there's just a chunk of concrete
where those old pumps used to stand.
There's a couple of cars half out of the ground,
an oil sign still spins 'round and 'round
But I guess a __________ filling station
is just a memory now."
What kind of filling station is this song about?
11. In the song "Alcohol and Pills", which of the following musicians is not mentioned?
12. "You're spookin' the horses
they're wild and they're scared
with that bright coloured makeup
and those clothes that you wear
and I seen ya dancin'
last night 'neath the trees
you're spookin' the horses
Fill in the blank.
13. Which song do these lyrics about a snowplow driver come from?
"And you can be anything that you want to be
That's what they told me when I left school
I took the first thing they offered me
Now I'm just another snow-blind fool"
14. This is a song that reminds me of so many men I've known, standing around in the garage, drinking beer and talking. What's the name of the song these words come from?
"He wore railroad coveralls with his name written on the chest
we¹d talk model A's and T's while he rolled cigarettes
so we'd get lost inside our thoughts and we'd let those tanks run dry
and one by one those little engines sputtered and they died"
15. A longtime member of Fred's band was a legendary Canadian musician in his own right, with several classic albums from the '70's. Who was he?
Source: Author agony
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.