Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What was his middle name he was given at birth?
2. At what age did Elton win a scholarship to attend the Royal Academy of Music?
3. In what year did Queen Elizabeth II officially knight him?
4. Elton's first album, "Empty Sky", was released in the U.S. in 1969.
5. Elton was once married to a female.
6. "Some people aren't as driven as I am. Sitting around doing nothing doesn't appeal to me. The thing that saved my life was that I worked. No matter what shape I was in, I still managed to perform and make records. I love to tour. The greatest thing in the world is to get onstage. Some nights you feel wonderful, and it just doesn't happen. Other nights you've got a headache, but it just goes away. It has always been an escape for me to be performing. I think most performers are seeking attention, seeking approval. The tragedy is when you don't know how to be offstage." In what magazine was this quote from Elton published?
7. In what episode of 'Will and Grace' did Elton appear in 2002?
8. He is the godfather to which of the following artists' son?
9. In what year did he receive his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?
10. For which song on 'The Lion King' Soundtrack did Elton win an Academy Award?
11. Elton once lived in the home made famous by Lyle and Erik Menendez.
12. Steven Tyler, of Aerosmith, was Elton's presenter at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee ceremony.
13. Which of these Hard Rock Cafes has a suit once worn by Elton?
14. What is the significance of EJAF?
15. After the death of Princess Di in 1997, he rewrote the words to his hit, "Candle in the Wind". Who was the original written for?
Source: Author NalaMarie
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bullymom
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.