Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In 1966, what was the name of Jimi's band that was gigging around Greenwich Village up until his "discovery" ?
2. Who was credited with introducing Jimi to Chas Chandler after seeing him perform at Cafe Wha?
3. When auditions were held for Jimi's new band in England, what was a big reason he chose Noel Redding for the bass guitar position?
4. As the story goes, Mitch Mitchell won the drummer's slot in a coin flip. What drummer was the runner-up?
5. What was the first single released by the newly-formed Jimi Hendrix Experience in the U.K. ?
6. What is the title of the Jimi Hendrix Experience's full-length debut L.P.?
7. After conquering the London music scene, it was time to hit the states. What was the Experience's first gig in The United States?
8. On New Year's Eve 1969, Jimi played a gig without the original Experience members that was recorded and released as the live Band of Gypsys album... where did this legendary performance take place?
9. After the Band of Gypsys gigs, Jimi reconnected with Mitch Mitchell on drums, but Noel Redding was not asked to return. Instead, Jimi's old army buddy and Band of Gypsys bassist was kept on. What was his name?
10. On what day was Jimi Hendrix Pronounced dead?
Source: Author brothersal1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ertrum
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.