Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. My Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome our first guest. A singer who brought fame to Italy by winning the Eurovision Song Contest in 1964. Who is this?
2. My Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen, raise your glasses to toast our next guest. He boasts that he is the greatest spy and lover of all time. Who is honouring us with his presence?
3. My Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen, pray join me in welcoming our next guest who observed and reported on one of the great disasters of Roman times when Mt Vesuvius erupted. Do you know his name?
4. My Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome this brilliant Italian who was a vital part of the Manhattan Project and has been called "the father of the atomic bomb". Can you give me his name?
5. My Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen, our next guest with his realistic interpretation of scenes from the Bible and of dramatic moments in the lives of saints made him the most exciting and innovative painter of his time. What is his name?
6. My Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome the illegitimate daughter of Pope Alexander VI. Please take care what you eat and drink in her presence. Can you name the lady?
7. My Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen, a special welcome please for this star of the silver screen, perhaps better known to you as 'The Millionairess', or maybe 'The Countess from Hong Kong'. Who is the lady?
8. My Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen, please give a warm welcome to this gentleman who is famed for his excellence in the fields of astronomy, physics, philosophy and mathematics. I'm sure he'll be delighted to show you the moons of Jupiter through his new, improved telescope! Who is he?
9. My Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen, your appreciation please for our next guest. One of Italy's foremost composers of the Baroque period. Hopefully he brings summer with him, not winter. Who is this composer?
10. My Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen, our final guest needs little introduction for he is "the noblest Roman of them all". Who is he?
Source: Author Christinap
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Snowman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.