Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What was Artemisia's father's name?
2. What was Artemisia's father's profession?
3. What artistic 'group' did Artemisia follow?
4. What is Artemisia's first painting entitled?
5. How old was Artemisia thought to be when she completed her first painting?
6. Was there ever a movie made about Artemisia?
7. In her most famous work, 'Judith Beheading Holofernes', how many people appear in the picture?
8. Artemisia wrote the quote, 'You will find the spirit of Caesar in the soul of a woman' where?
9. What Greek figure appears on the hilt of the sword pictured in Artemisia's 'Judith and Maidservant'?
10. What was the first name of the man that Artemisia and her father took to court?
11. What was the crime against Artemisia that caused her father to call a trial in March of 1612?
12. During the trial, Artemisia underwent a torturous 'lie detector test' to prove she was telling the truth.
13. Artemisia did not win the trial against Tassi.
14. Artemisia was the first woman to become an official member of what academy?
15. What nationality was Artemisia?
Source: Author MissScarlet
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.