Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Considered by many to be the greatest scientist of all time, who built the first reflecting telescope and was one of the first to develop the mathematical discipline of calculus?
2. Which scientist wrote a letter to FDR in 1939, alerting him to the possibility of nuclear weapons?
3. After studying the fields of optics and color vision, which scientist took the first color photograph?
4. Called the "father of microbiology", which scientist developed vaccines for rabies and anthrax?
5. Who gained recognition during a five year voyage on the HMS Beagle as a naturalist, taking meticulous notes, sending letters back to England, and returning with specimens of finches from the Galápagos Islands?
6. Setting up France's first radiology center during WWI probably saved hundred of lives, however, the ongoing exposure to radiation took her life. Who was this scientist?
7. This scientist's inventions paved the way for radio communication. Who is the scientist?
8. Not only is this scientist known for his model of the atom, the most stable known isotope was named in his honor. Who is this scientist?
9. Known as the "father of modern physics", which scientist was put under house arrest by the Inquisition for his support of the heliocentric theory?
10. While it is true that this Greek was a great teacher, his work in the field of science has earned him the title "first genuine scientist in history". Name the scientist!
Source: Author ponycargirl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.