Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In 2007, who became Prime Minister of Britain?
2. This famous, yet straight talking, chef is also a television personality and entrepreneur. Who is this culinary mastermind with fans on both sides of 'the pond'?
3. What is the etymology of the name 'Gordon'?
4. This 19th century English poet is famous for his/her poetry, such as "Childe Harold's Pilgrimage" and "Don Juan", as well as a profligate lifestyle. Who was this person?
5. Who was one of the seven original astronauts in Project Mercury, the first manned U.S. manned space effort?
6. What fictional heroic character first came to prominence in 1930s via a comic strip, but has remained popular in various media ever since?
7. While we're on a sci-fi 'kick', what recurring character on the long-running British series "Dr. Who" belongs in this quiz?
8. Popular NASCAR driver Jeff Gordon was born in 1971 in what city?
9. Which Gordon is a famous designer of Formula One race cars, especially the Laren F1 'supercar' road car?
10. Who was Peter Asher's partner in the Liverpool singing duo who charted several hits during the 1960s 'British Invasion' and covered at least one Beatles' song?
Source: Author woboogie
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.