Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The first president of the USA was George _____________ .
2. The former Beatle who became a film producer with Handmade Films was George _______ .
3. This American had a successful career on radio, television and in films. At the age of seventy-nine he won an Oscar for 'The Sunshine Boys' (1975): George _______ .
4. The U.S. President who was Vice-President to Ronald Reagan, George ...?
5. His books include 'Animal Farm' (1945) and 'Nineteen Eighty-Four' (1949), George ... ?
6. The English singer who teamed up with friend Andrew Ridgeley to form 'The Executives' before changing the name to 'Wham', George ... ?
7. The highly talented Northern Irish footballer who played for Manchester United, George ... ?
8. The French romantic novelist who is remembered for her long list of lovers including Chopin with whom she lived for eight years. George ... ?
9. The American singer whose British hits include 'Give Me The Night' and 'In Your Eyes', George ... ?
10. The British record producer of the Beatles, George ... ?
11. The English painter of animals especially horses, such as "Whistlejacket", George ... ?
12. The French composer of the opera 'Carmen', Georges ... ?
13. The American actor who won an Oscar for his performance playing the lead in 'Patton' (1970) which he refused to accept. George Campbell ... ?
14. The American composer and lyricist whose songs include 'The Yankee Doodle Boy' and 'Give My Regards To Broadway', George Michael ... ?
15. The American opinion poll organizer, George Horace ... ?
16. The English founder of the religious group, the 'Society of Friends' or the 'Quakers' as they are usually called, George ... ?
17. The English social reformer and founder of the YMCA in 1844, Sir George ... ?
18. The English engineer who built the steam locomotive 'The Rocket', George ... ?
19. Name the Quaker and chocolate manufacturer who expanded his father's business and established a model village for his workers at Bourneville, George ... ?
20. Which British naturalist and conservationist, best known for his work with his wife Joy, and the lioness Elsa, was murdered by bandits in a remote game park in Kenya, George ... ?
21. Name the English entertainer and ukulele player whose risque songs sung in his broad Lancashire accent included 'Cleaning Windows' and 'Mr. Wu', George ... ?
22. This American inventor founded the Kodak photographic company, George ... ?
23. Who was the American film director of 'The Philadelphia Story' (1940) and 'My Fair Lady' (1964) which won him an oscar, George ... ?
24. Name the French physicist who developed 'Neon Lighting' which was displayed for the first time at the Paris Motor Show in 1910, George ... ?
25. Name the Belgian novelist and creator of 'Maigret', Georges ... ?
Source: Author Quizzical
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.