Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Where was Henry IV born?
2. What was the name of Henry IV's mother?
3. Whom did Henry IV marry in 1380?
4. In 1388 Henry became one of the "Lords Appellant". What did the "Lords Appellant" see as their main task?
5. With which man did Henry have a dispute which caused King Richard II to banish him for 10 years?
6. In which European country did Henry fight for the cause of Christianity alongside the Teutonic Knights?
7. What was the main provocation that gave Henry the excuse to invade England in 1399?
8. Which of the following were not amongst the nobles who supported Henry when he invaded England in 1399?
9. Which Welsh leader was part of a rebellion against Henry IV in the year 1400?
10. An invasion by which nation was decisively defeated at Homildon Hill in 1402?
11. At which battle were the forces of the rebel Henry Percy (Hotspur) defeated and Hotspur himself killed?
12. What was the position held by Richard le Scrope who was executed after an unsuccessful rebellion in 1405?
13. Which early form of the Protestant religion founded by John Wycliffe began to gather momentum during Henry IV's reign?
14. Why was Henry IV's marriage to Joan of Navarre said to be highly unpopular?
15. Where is Henry IV buried?
Source: Author Philian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor thejazzkickazz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.