Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Russian poet Aleksandr Pushkin, U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton and American naval hero Stephen Decatur all died as a result of engaging in which pursuit?
2. Spaniard Francisco Cepeda, Englishman Tom Simpson and Italy's Fabio Casartelli have all died while competing in which sporting event?
3. What is the common factor in the deaths of former Rolling Stone Brian Jones, librettist W.S. Gilbert, poet Percy Bysshe Shelley and singer/songwriter Jeff Buckley?
4. Singers Marc Bolan and Eddie Cochran, drummer Cozy Powell and novelist Margaret Mitchell all died in car accidents. Which is the odd one out?
5. Spanish conquistador Juan Ponce de León, Nazi Hermann Göring and British mathematician Alan Turing all died by what method?
6. Henry VIII's wives Jane Seymour and Catherine Parr, author Mary Wollstonecraft, and Theodore Roosevelt's first wife, Alice Hathaway Lee Roosevelt, all died as a result of doing what?
7. Actor Roy Kinnear, tennis legend Maureen Connolly, songwriter Cole Porter and actor Christopher Reeve were all involved in serious accidents, although only Kinnear actually died as a direct result. What were they all riding when the accidents occurred?
8. Antarctic explorer Roald Amundsen, singer Jim Croce, baseball legend Roberto Clemente and United Nations Secretary-General Dag Hammarskjöld all died while traveling by which mode of transport?
9. Poet Elizabeth Barrett Browning, novelist George Orwell, painter Amedeo Modigliani, composer Frédéric Chopin and U.S. Presidents James Monroe and Andrew Jackson all died from which ailment?
10. British statesman and MP for Liverpool, in 1830 William Huskisson became the first person to be killed by what?
Source: Author EnglishJedi
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.