Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Infamous for my raunchy lifestyle and passion for excess, I, Catherine the Great of Russia, was also a feared leader, successfully planning several campaigns of war. I am rumoured to have had literally hundreds of lovers during my lifetime. How did I die?
2. I betrayed a friend with a kiss, but when I saw what I'd done I hanged myself. Who am I?
3. Before my historical novel was even completed, I had sold the film rights. I was knocked down by a car in Atlanta and died of my injuries. Who am I?
4. I am a sixteenth-century scientist and inventor, but was better known for my politics and literary endeavours. One day, while I was out collecting snow to test the possibility of using it for freezing (and thus preserving) meat, I caught a cold. This developed into pneumonia, of which I ultimately died. Who am I?
5. In spite of being a notorious serial killer, I was tried in a state that does not support the death penalty and so received a sentence of 957 years in prison. Unfortunately for me, this proved a death sentence nonetheless, as I was beaten to death by a fellow inmate brandishing a broom handle. Who am I?
6. As a Carthaginian general I excelled, but later I committed suicide. Who am I?
7. After ignoring Harold MacMillan's 'Winds of Change' advice, I struck one of the deadliest blows to liberation and decolonisation in the country of which I was Prime Minister. I also withdrew the country from the Commonwealth. That same year I was shot and wounded by David Pratt, a Dutch farmer. I survived, but in 1966 I was stabbed by Dmitri Tsafendas, a parliamentary messenger, in the houses of Parliament. Of these wounds I finally died. Who am I?
8. Mark David Chapman pumped six bullets into me outside the Dakota building in New York. My widow later sold the shirt I died in at auction. Who am I?
9. I am Alexander the Great. According to the poet, when I stood on my hilltop and beheld my dominion, I wept, for there were no worlds left to conquer. How did I die?
10. After fighting tirelessly to liberate my country from monarchic rule, I was expelled from my own party ten years after I helped bring it to power. I was then banished in 1929. I wound up murdered in Mexico with an ice-pick embedded in my head. Who am I?
Source: Author alkmene
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor fringe
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.