Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Franz Reichelt was testing his new invention, the overcoat parachute in 1912. What famous French landmark did he leap off and fall to his death when his invention failed?
2. Twenty-one people in Boston died when a tank containing 2,300,000 US gallons of liquid exploded. This disaster happened in 1919 and became known by what name?
3. In 1923 Egyptian enthusiast George Herbert, the 5th Earl of Carnarvon, suffered a mosquito bite to his face while in Egypt. After cutting it open accidentally with a shaving razor, it became infected and he died. What was the more sinister suggested cause of his death?
4. I died in 1926 when I allowed an amateur boxer to test the strength of my abdominal muscles. My strength wasn't what I was famous for but was one of my fortes. Complications from the blow led to a ruptured appendix and I died days later. Who was I?
5. In 1982 during filming of 'The Twilight Zone - The Movie', a helicopter crashed. This actor and two Vietnamese child actors were decapitated and crushed. Who was the actor?
6. The Yardbirds were an influential band of the sixties. Their singer and harmonica player branched out after they broke up and was active in bands like Renaissance, Armaggedon and Illusion. He was electrocuted by an improperly grounded electric guitar.
7. In 1959 in the Urals, a group of skier-hikers died in sub-zero weather. They had left their camp in the middle of the night clad only in their underwear. One had a fatal skull fracture, two had major chest fractures and one was missing what?
8. When a prop gun was reused for a death scene of the movie "The Crow" in 1993, no one properly prepared it for the next scene. The son of famous martial arts actor Bruce Lee was killed. What was his son's name?
9. John Lennon, former Beatle and world famous solo artist was killed in 1980 by a deranged fan, Mark David Chapman. The fan compared himself to the character 'Holden Caulfield' in a book he bought that morning. What was the book?
10. This infamous outlaw was betrayed and murdered by a partner in the Old West. He died at age 34 from a bullet in the back.
Source: Author kingscourt
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.