Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Our first subject was a senator from Indiana for almost 20 years who threw his hat into Democratic primaries for nomination for president in 1976. He was also the only person to author two Constitutional Amendments since the Founding Founders. Who was he?
2. Fans of the University of Iowa Hawkeyes will recognize our next person, a Hall of Fame football coach who guided the Hawks for 20 years and three Rose Bowl berths. Who is this Texan who said you have to "scratch where it itches"?
3. Well, we need to stop using Leonard as a red herring. By what stage name do we know the singer and actor Leonard Slye? (I'm sure you can pull the trigger on this one!)
4. Our next figure was an accomplished officer of the British Royal Navy and a Governor of New South Wales. Who is this often misunderstood character and victim of the Mutiny on the Bounty?
5. Well, let's get some ladies into the action. Born Elizabeth Cochran Seaman, who was the American journalist famous for her 72-day trip around the world from November of 1888 to January of 1889?
6. Sometimes referred to as the "angel of prisons," which Nineteenth-Century English Quaker reformer not only helped reform prisons, but also greatly aided the homeless, opened a training school for nurses, and campaigned for abolition of the slave trade?
7. Which TV presenter and science educator was known as "the Science Guy"?
8. Which singer was a co-founder of The Eagles and later had a solo career that produced two #2 hits in "The Heat is On" and "You Belong to the City"?
9. The position that is least represented in the Pro Football Hall of Fame is kicking specialists. Its first pure punter played for the Oakland (/Los Angeles) Raiders for 14 seasons. Who was he?
10. Let's get away from surnames on our final question. Three of the following members of the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown are known by a first "name" which rhymes with Slye. Which is the exception?
Source: Author shvdotr
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.