Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Although born in Pennsylvania, this son of Italian immigrants did not speak English until starting grade school. Who is this actor who fought at Iwo Jima and acted in over 75 films, such as "The Green Berets", "We're No Angels", and "God's Little Acre"?
2. This sportscaster is known for his hosting of ABC's "Wide World of Sports" for 37 years. Who is this man who was greatly respected for his reporting of the 1972 Munich Olympics massacre of Jewish athletes?
3. This 1995 Cooperstown inductee was a Negro League standout from 1934 to 1950. Who was this seven-time All-Star pitcher who defeated Satchel Paige in three of the only four games in which they faced off?
4. This unique guy built his own guitar, called the Red Special, as a teenager, and later formed the band Smile. He studied astrophysics and eventually earned a PhD. In 2005 he was appointed a Commander of the Order of the British Empire. Who is this activist and rock star who has both an asteroid and a species of damselfly named after him?
5. This singer from Bayou Chicot, Louisiana, competed in Season 9 (2015) of TV's "The Voice." He sang "Let Her Cry" in his first appearance. Coached by Adam Levine, his rendition of "Fortunate Son" defeated Dustin Monk in the Battles. Who is this singer who then lost to Shelby Brown in the Knockouts?
6. Born in Des Moines, this U.S. Army veteran served as Iowa's governor from 1969 to 1983. Who is this former chairman of the National Governors Association?
7. This Kentucky icon's resume includes terms in the US House and Senate, as well as Secretary of State. Who is this three-time presidential candidate known as "The Great Compromiser"?
8. Benedict Arnold is infamous for being a traitor in the American Revolution. But who was the British major who was executed as a spy after assisting Arnold's efforts to surrender West Point to the British?
9. Who won the Triple Crown in 1941?
10. I loved this guy's role as Ned Broy in "Michael Collins." Who is this actor from Northern Ireland who is a veteran of over 80 films and TV series and who was nominated for Best Actor in 1992's "The Crying Game"?
Source: Author shvdotr
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.