Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This Detroit-born comedian was discovered by Jimmy Walker, hosted "Real People" from 1973 to 1984 and received his own successful talk show in 1994. Who is he?
2. Originally from Chicago, this actress made her way to Grand Rapids, Michigan. She graduated from Grand Rapids' City-High Middle School for gifted students. Now you know: "The truth is out there."
3. This famous Michigander has found success in several areas: musician, actor, politician. He originally came to prominence performing and recording with his wife in the '60s and early '70s. Can you name him?
4. This athletic guy was born in Pequannock Township, New Jersey, but moved to Kalamazoo, Michigan, at age 4. Which athlete earned a baseball scholarship to the University of Michigan, but chose to go pro when drafted by the New York Yankees in 1992?
5. This Ohio-born military commander spent his formative years living with his half-sister in Monroe, Michigan, where a memorial to him now stands. Who was this 19th century soldier, whose career was peppered with both controversy and accolades?
6. Game show fans will find this Flint, Michigan, native's face a familiar one. Who provided the hosting duties for such popular shows as "The Newlywed Game" and "Card Sharks"?
7. A native of the Upper Peninsula city of Newberry, which actor has appeared on many television shows, including "The West Wing", "Alias" and, most recently won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series for his work on "Lost"?
8. Born in Saginaw, Michigan, which superstar has swept the tennis world with multiple championships during her career?
9. This Detroit-born producer's first big hit was "Flashdance" (1983). What is the name of this prolific producer who's other hits include "Top Gun" (1986) and TV's "The Amazing Race"?
10. Although this actor was 'functionally mute' from age 5-13, because of a stutter, he's now as well known for his voice talent as his acclaimed acting skills. Who is this star, whose roots are in Arkabutla, Mississippi, but was raised by his grandparents in Dublin, Michigan?
Source: Author woboogie
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.