Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "What we have here is failure to communicate" is a famous line from the film "Cool Hand Luke." Which veteran character actor delivered this line so well and so often in his role as warden, or "Captain" over the prisoners in a Florida penitentiary and starring Paul Newman?
2. Several Martins are well known in comedy circles. One was an outstanding banjo player and stand up comedian who started out as a writer for "The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour". Who was this wild and crazy guy who also starred on the big screen in "The Jerk" and "Roxanne", for which he also co-wrote the screenplays?
3. If I say, "Peter Pan", "South Pacific", and "Annie, Get Your Gun", would the name Martin come to mind? It should, because one of our Martins won awards for performing leads in these Broadway shows. Who would that be?
4. The "tin" in this Martin's name sounds more like "tan" than "tin." For 21 years he was a real devil in New Jersey, winning three Stanley Cups. Who is it?
5. In addition to being Jerry Lewis' comedy partner early in his career, this Martin appeared in over 60 motion pictures. But his best asset was his spectacular voice, recording over 100 albums. He was probably best known for "Everybody Loves Somebody." Who is this crooner and star of film and TV?
6. "High-strung" and "feisty" would no doubt describe this hard-living, hard-playing baseball personality. The Yankees retired his number 1 and he managed the Bronx Bombers on five different occasions, along with four other teams. Who was he?
7. This Martin was a winner in over 90 NASCAR races, as well as winning nine tour titles. Who was this Arkansas-born racer and member of the 2015 class of the Motorsports Hall of Fame?
8. This Martin is a long-time actor whose filmography runs from 1949 to 1997. You may remember him as Juror #1 in "Twelve Angry Men", or as Mr. Merriweather in "Little Big Man". In 1966 he won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor in "A Thousand Clowns" in his role as Arnold Burns. Which Martin was he?
9. If you are "Livin' la Vida Loca", you are no doubt singing along with this Puerto Rican star and former member of Menudo who also did a stint on "General Hospital" as, what else but a Puerto Rican singer. Who is this owner of 95 platinum records and eleven #1 songs?
10. This Martin is the prolific author of a series of fantasy novels called "A Song of Ice and Fire". The first novel of the series, "A Game of Thrones", published in 1996, was adapted by HBO for its TV series, "Game of Thrones". Who is this author who has been called "an American Tolkien"?
Source: Author shvdotr
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.