Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In 1974, Henry Heimlich, an American physician from Delaware developed a special treatment for which of these?
2. Christiaan Barnard, a famous South African surgeon was the first to perform what medical procedure?
3. On April 12, 1955 an American doctor from New York named Jonas Salk introduced a vaccine for what disease?
4. A Russian physician by the name of Boris Yegorov has the distinction of being the first physician to accomplish what?
5. Which of the following physicians was credited with the discovery and development of insulin?
6. Who is the famous but controversial pathologist who earned the nickname "Dr. Death" due to his practice of physician-assisted suicide for terminal patients?
7. In 1816 a French physician named René Laennec was credited with the invention of what medical instrument?
8. On March 14th, 1942 Dr. Orvan Hess became the first physician to treat a patient with what medication?
9. This internationally renowned medical practice facility was founded by a physician from the United Kingdom and his two sons in 1889. In 2006, the magazine "US News" and "World Report" ranked it the second best medical center in the USA. What is the name of this famous medical practice facility?
10. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, who was born in Scotland, began to practice medicine in 1882. His practice initially wasn't that successful, so while waiting for patients he took up another profession for which he became more famous. What was this profession?
Source: Author RAgamer51
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.