Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The first accurate description of the circulatory system and the properties of blood was done by Doctor Whom?
2. A successful vaccine against the crippling disease poliomyelitis was developed by Doctor Whom?
3. Phenol, formerly known as carbolic acid, was first used to sterilize surgical instruments and clean wounds by Doctor Whom?
4. Mass media was first used in the 1980s to educate the public about sex, sexuality and sexual problems by Doctor Whom?
5. Vaccinating someone with cowpox, then deliberately exposing them to smallpox to prove that they would not catch the deadly disease was first done by Doctor Whom?
6. A method of helping someone who is choking was invented by Doctor Whom?
7. The germs that cause anthrax, cholera and tuberculosis were identified by Doctor Whom?
8. In 1913 a hospital was opened in Gabon, Africa by Doctor Whom?
9. The first European to see the Victoria Falls was Doctor Whom?
10. A medical textbook still published under the same name today was first published in 1858 by Doctor Whom?
Source: Author patricck
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.