Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which former mentor to Gordon Ramsay had an unsurpassed 31 Michelin stars during his career before his death in 2018?
2. At the height of the BSE or "Mad Cow" crisis in Europe in 2001, which chef famously took all red meat off his menus and still managed to retain his three Michelin stars?
3. He was the first chef to own restaurants with three Michelin Stars in three different cities and also the first chef to have his meals sent into space. Who is this French culinary master?
4. Esben Holmboe Bang was the first chef in Norway to receive three Michelin stars. One of his signature dishes involves langoustines with which unusual pickled ingredient?
5. In 2018, "Frantzén", the Stockholm based restaurant of chef, Björn Frantzén became the first Swedish restaurant to be awarded three Michelin stars. What was Frantzén's career before becoming a chef?
6. Which Northern Irish chef worked under Thomas Keller and Alain Ducasse and became the first female chef in UK to be awarded three Michelin stars?
7. Heston Blumenthal is well known for food science in which he identifies ingredients with molecular similarities and combines them. With that in mind, what did he combine with banana in a 2016 Christmas trifle?
8. The first American chef to have two restaurants, both with three Michelin stars was Thomas Keller in 2006, with "Per Se" in New York and which San Francisco restaurant?
9. Japanese chef and perfectionist Seiji Yamamoto once sent the main ingredient of his signature dish for a CT scan, so that he could understand how best to carve it. What is this ingredient, used in his famous soup?
10. Although he may be best known for a number of TV reality and cooking shows, which Scot won a total of 16 Michelin stars between 1998 and 2018 as well as becoming the first ever Scot to win three Michelin awards in 2001?
Source: Author 480154st
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.