Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What does it mean when something is "86'ed" in the food industry?
2. What does it mean when a waiter has been "stiffed"?
3. Who does the waiter sometimes have to tip out (give a percentage of their tips to) at the end of their shift?
4. In the US, do you have to have a special license to serve alcohol at the tables?
5. What does it mean when a waiter is in the weeds?
6. In the US, What is a good standard tip to leave when a waiter does a good job?
7. What do you call the person who sits people in the restuarant?
8. Beginning in 1991, what was the minimum hourly pay for wait staff in the USA, not including tips?
9. What is a gratuity?
10. What does FOH mean in the restaurant industry?
Source: Author jennymyers888
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.