Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of these is NOT one of the three things that are the most important when purchasing linens for your hotel?
2. There are two main types of weaves when referring to linens. One is plain, what is the other one?
3. A sheet with a thread count of 180 is better than a sheet with a thread count of 130.
4. The abrasion test for linens (done in a laboratory with sand paper) tests how much a sheet can be rubbed before:
5. What kind of table linen would you expect to find in the Café Victoria, the restaurant in Toronto's Le Royal Meridien King Edward hotel? (Hint: The "King Eddy" is a very high-class hotel, whose clientele has included, in the past, Rudyard Kipling and the Beatles.)
6. A circular iron for pressing linens is called a what?
7. In the past, hotels, particularly high-end hotels, used beautifully coloured towels adorned with extravagant logos. What problem instigated the trend towards the plain white towels we see today?
8. Which of these is a reason high-end hotel restaurants purchase large-sized (24" x 24") napery?
9. The Rule of Thumb for bed sheets is that each bed should have at least _____ sets.
10. In which room would you find huck linen?
11. Which of the following is NOT one of the four main characteristics to consider when purchasing blankets?
12. Which type of fabric is illegal to use in hotel guestrooms in Canada?
13. The pillow test: Extend your arm and balance the pillow across your forearm. If the ends of the pillow stay straight out, the pillow:
14. Many hotels offer types of pillows other than the ones already on the bed.
15. Which of the following statements about synthetic fabrics is false?
Source: Author LadyCaitriona
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Lanni
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.