Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who said of the Irish, "This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever"?
2. "The problem with Ireland is that it's a country full of genius, but with absolutely no talent" was said by whom?
3. Which poet wrote, "O Ireland isn't it grand you look, like a bride in her rich adornin'? And with all the pent-up love of my heart, I bid you the top o' the mornin'!"
4. The following was in answer to a plea for an increase to the Irish Widow's Pension, "Get married again", but by whom was this said?
5. The following are actual headlines from which Irish newspaper?
"Dead Man Injured In Crash"; "Man Kept Arms Under Bed After Relatives Death"; "Sharing The Burden of Schizophrenia"; and, "Violence Delays Peace".
6. Who stated, "We are not prepared to stand idly by and be murdered in our beds", and, "I would rather be British than be fair!"
7. "Martyrdom is the only way a man can become famous without ability" was said by whom?
8. Who said, "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between"?
9. Who said, "It's not that the Irish are cynical. It's rather that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody"?
10. "The problem with some people is that when they aren't drunk they're sober," was said by which famous Irishman?
Source: Author Engadine
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor fringe
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.