Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I was the son of Peter III and Catherine II (the Great). I reigned for only five years before I was murdered in my bedroom when I refused to sign an abdication. Which Tsar am I?
2. I lost my legs in a bombing by the "People's Will". I was taken to the palace where I bled to death in the presence of my wife, son, and grandson. Shortly before my death, I had prepared a plan for a parliamentary government and an elected Duma. Which Tsar am I?
3. My father was Alexis I, and my mother his consort, Catherine. When I was 10 years old my half brother and I began a joint reign of Russia. I had both my wife and my sister sent to a convent. Which Tsar am I?
4. At the age of 17 I was elected Tsar of Russia by a national assembly. My reign marked the end of the "Time of Troubles" during which the King of Poland, Wladyslaw IV of the House of Rurik claimed Russia. Which Tsar am I?
5. I died unexpectedly at my Summer Palace in Taganrod. My Empress also died suddenly while my casket was still en route to St. Petersburg for internment. What Tsar am I?
6. I angered many of my countrymen by withdrawing from the Seven Years' War with Prussia. I reigned for only six months before being assassinated in a palace revolt, which some say was orchestrated by my spouse who was a descendent of the Rurikids. Which Tsar am I?
7. My father was Vasilli III. He died when I was three years old, and I was crowned the Grand Prince of Moscow. At 16, I became the Tsar of All Russia. I opened up trading on the White Sea, and acquired Kazan, Astrakhan and Siberia. I also built St. Basil's Cathedral in Moscow. Which Tsar am I?
8. Shortly after I assumed the throne, the military plotted to overthrow me, but I put down this Decembrist Revolution. While unpopular with the military and my countryman, I reigned for 30 years and died on the eve of Russia's defeat in the Crimean War. Which Tsar am I?
9. While I was leading my army in battle, the people revolted. I abdicated in favour of my brother, Michael, and my mother fled Russia. I was placed under house arrest, and subsequently executed. Which Tsar am I?
10. Upon ascending the throne, I launched a regime based upon "Russification." The same revolutionary group who killed my father would also plot to assassinate me, but I had them hunted down and hung. One of the conspirators was Alexander Ulyanov, whose brother got even with me twenty years later. Which Tsar am I?
Source: Author drushalli
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.