Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who was the first Native American to be declared a saint by the Roman Catholic Church?
2. Who became the first woman in the United States to be ordained and licensed as a mainstream Protestant minister, in 1851?
3. In 1774 she left England and arrived in New York where she organized and led the United Society of Believers in Christ's Second Appearing, also known as the Shakers. Who is she?
4. In 1879, who founded The Church of Christ Scientist, also known as Christian Science? Church doctrine is based on her book "Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures".
5. She was a Puritan from the Massachusetts Bay Colony who questioned the church leaders and doctrine concerning the nature of grace and salvation. She was brought to trial as a heretic in 1637 and expelled from the Colony. Who was she?
6. In 1988, Jetsunma Ahkon Lhamo gained this distinct honor in the Nyingma tradition of Tibetan Buddhism. What honor does she hold?
7. Sally Jane Priesand became America's first female ordained rabbi in 1972. Which organizational movement is she associated with?
8. In 1998 Ava Muhammad became the first female minister in this organization, heading one of the largest mosques in the country. Which religious group does she serve with?
9. In 1809 she founded the first Catholic girls' school in the United States. She also established America's first female religious order, The Sisters of Charity, dedicated to the care of the children of the poor. Who is she?
10. In 2017, which religious group adopted a policy banning women from serving as clergy, from holding titles, or from doing common clergy functions even without a title?
Source: Author PhillyRex
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.