Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What Old Testament king had his skull "crushed" when an unnamed woman in a tower dropped a millstone on him? (Judges 9:53-55)
2. Gruesome details about Ehud, an Israelite judge, killing the "very fat" king of Moab appear in Judges 3:16-26. What was name of the Moabite king? (Judges 3:20-22)
3. Jezebel, generally perceived as the most evil woman in the Bible because of her vehement opposition to the prophets of God, suffered a gruesome death when she was tossed from an upper window by her assistants. Who requested Jezebel's assistants to throw her out of a window? (2 Kings 9:30-33)
4. According to 2 Samuel 18, what aspiring king had beautiful long hair that led to his gruesome death when his tresses got caught in a tree branch while riding on a donkey? (The donkey kept traveling forward and, when he was left suspended, Joab plunged three javelins into his heart.)
5. Joshua 8:29 in the NIV tells of a monarch's body being impaled on a pole and being left there until evening when Joshua ordered the body removed. What was the king's name? (In the NKJV, it states the monarch was hanged on a tree.)
6. What leader of an army opposing the Iraelites was killed when a woman drove a tent peg through his head while he was sleeping? (Judges 4:17-22)
7. According to 1 Samuel 4:18, a 98-year-old man who was obese and basically blind fell backward off his chair and broke his neck when he heard about the capture of the ark of God and the deaths of his two sons. What was the man's name? (Hint: He was both a high priest and judge of Israel.)
8. Which king was struck down by an angel of the Lord and eaten by worms before he died, because he did not give praise to God? (Acts 12:21-23)
9. It is well known John the Baptist was beheaded and had his head displayed on a platter, as per Matthew 14:11 and Mark 6:28. However, he is not the only person in the Bible to suffer such fate. What Old Testament character was stabbed in the stomach while sleeping, and then was beheaded, with his head presented to King David? (2 Samuel 4:5-12)
10. Who, according to Scripture, was betrayed for thirty pieces of silver, arrested on false charges and then was humiliated, beaten, ruthlessly tortured and then crucified?
Source: Author Cowrofl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.