Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. According to Genesis 30 and 31, who out-smarted Laban, and deeply infuriated him in the process, by producing streaked, speckled, and gray-spotted sheep?
2. The following statement, containing the word 'gray', was made by Jacob to one of his sons: "My son [Benjamin] shall not go down with you [to Egypt], for his brother is dead, and he is left alone. If any calamity should befall him along the way in which you go, then you would bring down my gray hair with sorrow to the grave." Which son did Jacob make the statement to? (Genesis 42:38)
3. The following verse containing the word 'gray' is from Leviticus 19:32 and quotes God: "You shall rise before the gray headed and honor the presence of an old man, and fear your God: I am the LORD." Who did God make the statement to?
4. The following verse, containing the word 'gray', is from the fifth book of the Hebrew Bible and the Old Testament of the Christian Bible and tells of Moses making a presentation to the Israelite camp in the form of a song:
"The sword shall destroy outside;
There shall be terror within
For the young man and virgin,
The nursing child with the man of gray hairs."
In what book of the Bible do you find the presentation by Moses to the Israelite camp?
5. The following statement was made by the last judge of Israel: "And now here is the king, walking before you; and I am old and grayheaded, and look, my sons are with you. I have walked before you from my childhood to this day." Who made the statement?
6. In 1 Kings 2:6, tells of Solomon receiving the following advice about Joab, commander of Israel's army: "Therefore do according to your wisdom, and do not let his [Joab's] gray hair go down to the grave in peace." Who made the statement that Joab's gray hair should not go down to the grave in peace?
7. The following verse was written by David: "Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, do not forsake me, Until I declare Your strength to this generation, Your power to everyone who is to come." In what book in the Old Testament do you find the verse?
8. The following verse containing the word 'gray' is from Proverbs: "The glory of young men is their strength, And the splendor of old men is their gray head." Who is credited with writing most of the book of Proverbs?
9. In what Old Testament book do you find the following statement containing the word 'gray'?
"Even to your old age, I am He,
And even to gray hairs I will carry you!
I have made, and I will bear;
Even I will carry, and will deliver you."
10. The word 'gray', or variations such as 'grayheaded', appears multiple times in the Old Testament using the KJV, NKJV and the NIV. However, using these three versions of the Bible, the word 'gray' cannot be found in the New Testament.
Source: Author Cowrofl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.