Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the aggregation state of pure fluorine (F2) at room temperature and pressure?
2. What is the etymological meaning of the name fluorine?
3. Fluorine compounds are the common fluorite, fluorapatite and the almost depleted cryolite. What was the main use of cryolite before it became too rare?
4. According to statistics dating from 2008, which country was the main producer of fluorite?
5. Fluorine is the most reactive of all elements and forms molecules readily with most elements. Which of the following elements has no known molecules with fluorine?
6. Dichlorofluoromethane (CCl2F2) was previously used as refrigerant but has been banned in many countries. What is the problem with this compound, which has the brand name Freon 12?
7. What is one of the most common uses of a fluorinated surfactant such as PFOS ?
8. What is the brand name of the anti-stick coating polytetrafluoroethylene as produced by Chemours (a plant in the group DuPont Chemicals)?
9. Several medicinal drugs contain fluorine. Which of these drugs is used to lower cholesterol levels in the blood?
10. Why has drinking water been fluoridated in several countries?
Source: Author JanIQ
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.